Sunday, February 20, 2022

This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder[.]

2 Peter 3

This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder[.] 2 Peter 3:1

I continue a short pause on my study of Isaiah to listen to John Piper's devotional for today that focuses on a need to remind ourselves of how amazing it is WHO Jesus is and what HE has accomplished - for us.  We are urged to never allow ourselves to be dulled by Jesus' resurrection and what it means for us. We are reminded by Piper that (1) "[b]ecause of the resurrection of Jesus, we are born again to a living hope" (see also 1 Peter 1:3) and (2) "[b]ecause of Jesus’s resurrection, he now has the glory for which we were made. Our ultimate destiny is to see him as he is" (see also 1 Peter 1:21 and John 17:5, 24). Piper uses 2 Peter 3:1 as means to demonstrate how we need reminders of God's glory.

When we grow dull to who Jesus is and what He has done for us - it is then that we begin to think and live dangerously.  For example, we may think to ourselves that we don't need Jesus - every day.  This is dangerous indeed.  See also my post yesterday.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, YOU are amazing and YOU have done amazing things...for me!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin continues and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.