Thursday, February 24, 2022

On that day you shall not be put to shame because of the deeds by which you have rebelled against me; for then I will remove from your midst your proudly exultant ones, and you shall no longer be haughty in my holy mountain. But I will leave in your midst a people humble and lowly.

Zephaniah 3

On that day you shall not be put to shame because of the deeds by which you have rebelled against me; for then I will remove from your midst your proudly exultant ones, and you shall no longer be haughty in my holy mountain. But I will leave in your midst a people humble and lowly. Zephaniah 3:11-12

I came back to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I continued a review of Isaiah 11-12, where the focus is on the remnant, and how God will gather the faithful that He has dispersed and assemble/unify them as a kingdom. My study refers me to Zephaniah 3:8-13 and Zechariah 10:6-12 where both discuss the restoration of the divided kingdoms of Israel and Judah and how God will be a signal for all nations to acknowledge Him as Lord.  Zephaniah, in particular, discusses how (see discussion of arrogance in recent posts) God humbles His people.  For us to make much of God, we must make less of ourselves. 

For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. Matthew 16:25, Mark 8:35, Luke 9:24

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me. You have humbled me and allowed Yourself to work through me in my heart and life - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such grace and compassion.  My sin is great and it continues - worry, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.