Saturday, February 5, 2022

And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!”

Isaiah 6

And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!” Isaiah 6:5 

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  On day 11 of my study, I start an examination of Isaiah 6. Today, the takeaway comes from Isaiah 6:5 where Isaiah has a vision of God on the throne in Heaven during end times and of course it is both awe inspiring and frightening, even for the faithful.  Isaiah reacts, appropriately, with trembling, or reverent fear. God seeks for us to have an appropriate vision of God because this of course inspires to run into His arms both out of fear and for protection.  John Piper refers to this as fear as preservative. Piper writes about how an appropriate vision of God inspires faith in this post

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who is all powerful and who is in complete control - You hold the entire universe and my life in Your hand - even though I have been hostile and an enemy of You - You embrace me and chose me as one of Your elect.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving.  My sins continue.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.