Friday, February 25, 2022

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever.

Revelation 1

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to his God and Father, to him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Revelation 1:5b-6

Today, I pause from my study of Isaiah (using the ) to focus on a study of Revelation where I am participating in a disciple group on Monday nights - we are using a study authored by Stephen Witmer.  For today, my focus is the Overview (Chapter 1) where we get acquainted with the book of Revelation at a high level to understand broad themes that will be looked at more closely in subsequent chapters.  From the study guide, the key verse is 1:5b-6 where John praises Jesus.  My aim is to memorize this text in time for Monday night when I gather with my disciple group.  I am going to break down the text as follows:

  1. To him who (a) loves us and (b) has freed us from our sins by his blood and (c) made us a kingdom...
  2. ...(d) priests to his God and Father...
  3. ...to him be glory and and dominion forever and ever

Jesus blessed us with (a), (b), (c), and (d) and therefore is worthy of glory and dominion forever and ever!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who HAS blessed me with Your love, freedom from my sins, election as chosen for Your Kingdom (eternally), and by making us priests with direct access to You, the Father, and the Holy Spirit!  You are worthy of praise and I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin continues - including worry.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.