Saturday, February 26, 2022

Behold, I am stirring up the Medes against them, who have no regard for silver and do not delight in gold.

Isaiah 13-14

Behold, I am stirring up the Medes against them, who have no regard for silver and do not delight in gold. Isaiah 13:17

I came back to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I continued by starting a review of Isaiah 13-14, where the focus is on God's anger with Israel's neighbors, starting with Babylon. Isaiah prophecies that Babylon will lay siege of Jerusalem and this comes to pass in three stages starting in 605 B.C.  Babylon will ultimately fall to Medes and we can see how God rises up one group to punish another whether that be either of the divided kingdoms (Israel or Judah) or one of the surrounding nations.  Regardless, it must be clear that it is God's hand, not the might or power of a king or its kingdom or army (see also this recent post).  Note how we see in Isaiah 13:17 how it is God that stirs up the Medes against Babylonia. God reigns. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You reign - Your Providence stretches from the beginning of time to the end of time - for all times.  It also stretches into the all corners of the universe - You reign!  You also have blessed me - in indescribable and unimaginable ways...despite my hostility towards You and my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of Your blessings and love.  I worry and I have other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.