Sunday, February 27, 2022

Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of [Babylon], my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.[”]

Isaiah 13

Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of [Babylon], my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.[”] Revelation 18:4-5

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I focused on Isaiah 13, where based on the Word, my study focus through a review of the Isaiah edition of the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary - Series, I can clearly see God's anger with Babylon not just in history but also looking forward with how Babylon represents a world focused on sin - see also John Piper on this latter focus on Babylon in Revelation.  In Isaiah 13, we see God angry at sinners, specifically calling out the arrogant and ruthless. Isaiah prophecies both Babylon's destruction not just in the near future from Isaiah's time but also permanently during the end times. The Isaiah edition of the Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary - Series for Isaiah uses Revelation, with its focus on end times, and refers to Babylon in 18:4-5, where believers are warned to not be drawn to the sinful ways of Babylon. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has saved me from destructive forces - thank You Jesus!  I am blessed!  I am undeserving however as I often continue in my sin.  Please forgive me - worry, etc.  Help me turn from and overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.