Friday, February 11, 2022

[T]hus says the Lord God: “‘It shall not stand, and it shall not come to pass. For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin. And within sixty-five years Ephraim will be shattered from being a people. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is the son of Remaliah. If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all.’”

Isaiah 7

[T]hus says the Lord God: “‘It shall not stand,  and it shall not come to pass. For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin. And within sixty-five years Ephraim will be shattered from being a people. And the head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is the son of Remaliah. If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all.’” Isaiah 7:7-9

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I look more closely at Isaiah 7, where Ahaz is protected against warfare waged by Syria and from Pekah (son of Remaliah, king of Israel).  For additional background and history, the study has us look also at 2 Kings 16, where it states that Ahaz "did not do what was right in the eyes of the Lord his God," yet from Isaiah 7:7 we see that God does not allow the attack from Syria and from Pekah to succeed. God offers Ahaz grace and protection against this attack and God urges Ahaz to have faith in God as it is this faith that will protect him. We are referred to Hebrews 11:6 for additional encouragement on faith. 

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who is full of compassion and grace for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such compassion and grace.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.