Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.

 Hebrews 10

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. Hebrews 10:35

Given I have not felt that well in the past few days, I am taking a short pause from my study in Isaiah to soak in God's Word in ways where I can hold my concentration. I return to John Piper's Solid Joys daily devotion where today Piper looks at the surpassing worth of Jesus vs what the world offers. Piper writes: "[e]verything the world has to offer, God is better and more abiding. There is no comparison. God wins — every time."  I am drawn to a verse in Philippians:

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. Philippians 3:7-8

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves and who is infinitely more valuable than anything I experience in the world - thank You for all the blessings You pour out for me and for making me an heir to an incredible inheritance - something the world cannot offer!  I am not deserving of this or any other blessing You provide.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus for my sin and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.