Sunday, February 13, 2022

If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all.

Isaiah 7

If you are not firm in faith, you will not be firm at all. Isaiah 7:9

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I continue with Isaiah 7, looking more closely at the extent to which Ahaz truly was firm in his faith.  The study refers us once again to 2 Kings 16, where we see a more detailed account of Ahaz's response to the threat of Rezin (king of Syria) and Pekah (son of king of Israel). From an earlier reading of 2 Kings 16, we saw that Ahaz "did not do what was right in the eyes of the Lord his God" (v2), so it should be no surprise that his faith was not firm at all. Ahaz instead hatched a plan of his own - and he initiated an alliance with Assyria and Assyria overtook Damascus, killing Rezin (v7-9).  Ahaz went as far as create a worship space modeled after that which he found in Damascus (v10-11) - idol worship! We all have our idols in life, that which we worship, including other people - the key question is the extent to which these idols are at or above the One True God. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and You have blessed me beyond what I deserve - far too many blessings to even count or describe.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of these blessings.  My sin is daily and it is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.