Monday, February 21, 2022

So the Lord cut off from Israel head and tail, palm branch and reed in one day—the elder and honored man is the head, and the prophet who teaches lies is the tail; for those who guide this people have been leading them astray, and those who are guided by them are swallowed up.

Isaiah 9:8-10:4

So the Lord cut off from Israel head and tail, palm branch and reed in one day—the elder and honored man is the head, and the prophet who teaches lies is the tail; for those who guide this people have been leading them astray, and those who are guided by them are swallowed up. Isaiah 9:14-16

I came back to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I reviewed Isaiah 9:8-10:4, where God is angered by Israel as she has been led astray by false prophets and wicked kings. As I have posted previously, Ahaz chose not to remain firm in his faith (see Isaiah 7:9), turning to his own abilities and those of neighboring lands for protection.  In Isaiah 9:14-16, we see God angered by false prophets who have also led Israel astray.  We MUST have knowledge of God - and this comes from daily study of God's Word. We must be able to discern when we are getting led down a path that takes us away from God.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and feeds me with Your Word.  Thank You Jesus!  Your Word is not just truth but it is my daily bread - thank You Jesus!  I am grateful for Your Word and for all the people and sources that help me better understand Your intent for me through Your Word.  I am not deserving of such blessings.  I sin...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.