Saturday, February 12, 2022

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 7

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  Today, I continue with Isaiah 7, looking more closely at Isaiah 7:10-17 where God addresses the house of David and referring to the Davidic Covenant made from 2 Samuel 7 when God promised David that:

When your days are fulfilled and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.’” 2 Samuel 7:12-16

Ahaz and Judah will not be wiped out - God is faithful and will fulfill the promise He made to David and his descendants.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who is faithful and will never leave or forsake me - I can count on You and Your promises - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of the love and blessings You pour for me. My sin - of worry and other sins - continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.