Sunday, February 6, 2022

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” And he said, “Go, and say to this people[.]

Isaiah 6

And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.” And he said, “Go, and say to this people[.] Isaiah 6:8-9

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series.  On day 12 of my study, I start an examination of Isaiah 6:8-9. Today, the study asks us to review the similarities from Isaiah 6 to other portraits of God in Heaven during the end times to accounts from Revelation 4 and Ezekiel 1-3. All accounts of end times include at least one common theme - we are to be clear that God reigns over the entire universe, all of its inhabitants, and for all times - before time began and after time ends - eternity.  He is all-knowing and all powerful.  The visions from Isaiah, Revelation, and Ezekiel are all awe-inspiring, and we are to be moved into action to warn others that they must acknowledge Jesus and accept Him as Lord and Savior.  We must all then be willing servants in the Great Commission (Matthew 28) to "[g]o therefore and make disciples of all nations" - proclaiming the Good News. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who called me to You to be one of Your elect - thank You Jesus!  You also used others as instruments in Your plan to call me not just to You but closer to You so that I could molded into more of Your image and glorify and serve You.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin continues - worry and other sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.