Friday, February 18, 2022

When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.

Acts 23

When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. Acts 23:12

I am taking a short pause on my study of Isaiah to listen to John Piper's devotional for today that focuses on how Paul was immortal against any plot to kill him until Paul had reached Rome to deliver his testimony as God promised in Acts 23:11. Piper writes: "[n]o ambush can stand against the promise of Christ. Until he got to Rome, Paul was immortal. There was a final testimony to be given. And Christ would see to it that Paul would give it."  God's promises will stand up against any threat that conflicts with them. This should give us great hope and peace for God makes many promises and we can count on His faithfulness

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who keeps His promises - thank You for Your faithfulness!  I am not deserving of such a blessing as continue to sin - daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.