Tuesday, November 1, 2022

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4

[God] raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6-7

I resume my study of Ephesians via my participation in a Discipleship (D) Group that is part of my church. For this morning, I continue with Ephesians 4, focusing on v17-24. In this text, Paul reminds the church of Ephesus to avoid the sin they used to practice and is still largely practiced by those around them (see also this description of the church in Ephesus and the city).  This sinful life was the "old self" (v22) and they are a "new" self/creation (v24) in Christ Jesus.  Paul clarifies and further defines this new self as focusing on a renewing of the minds - see also Romans 12:2 where this renewing of the mind is also mentioned.  Read and study the Bible daily to better understand Him and His intent for our lives (corporately and individually).  This renewing of the minds is part of the sanctification process where God and the Holy Spirit in us day by day are molding us into more of His "likeness...true righteousness and holiness" (v24).  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who gives me Your Word and sanctifies me so that I can shed my old self - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.