Saturday, November 26, 2022

[H]e is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 7

[H]e is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, where John Piper ensures we understand that Jesus intercedes and prays for us...today and forever - "our salvation is as secure as Christ's priesthood is indestructible" - as He not only lives forever, but He also intercedes for us forever.  Piper writes: "[t]his means we should not talk about our salvation in static terms the way we often do — as if I did something once in an act of decision, and Christ did something once when he died and rose again, and that’s all there is to it. That’s not all there is to it.  This very day I am being saved by the eternal intercession of Jesus in heaven. Jesus is praying for us and that is essential to our salvation."  Piper refers us to Romans 8:34 and 1 John 2:1 where scripture reinforces how Jesus intercedes and advocates for us as our High Priest.  Be encouraged!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who intercedes and advocates for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.