Saturday, April 30, 2022

But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life....No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him.

Revelation 21-22

But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life....No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. Revelation 21:27, 22:3

I continue my D-Group's study of Revelation - using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide - for week 10, we are looking at Revelation 21-22:5 where we see John's vision of the New Heaven and New Earth. As I continue to progress with week 10, a key takeaway is how we must be clear that Heaven is even BETTER than the Garden of Eden from Genesis.  In the Garden, we did see unclean influences as the serpent was present and of course tempted Adam and Eve into sin.  In Heaven, we will have no such uncleanness or sin. 

Comment and discuss this post

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Heaven IS better than the garden of Eden and You are saving a place for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and such a blessing.  My sin continues and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.