Tuesday, April 19, 2022

For behold, the Lord is coming out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed on it, and will no more cover its slain.

Isaiah 26-27

For behold, the Lord is coming out from his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed on it, and will no more cover its slain. Isaiah 26:21

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 10, Day 3, the focus continues with Isaiah 26-27, primarily on Isaiah 26, where my commentary indicates that while Isaiah 24-25 describe "triumphant prophecies of final victory by the Lord over all tyrants who oppress God’s people in this world[,]" God's people seek encouragement and guidance about how to endure in the present while waiting for God's promised end times judgement of the whole world.  My study urges me to look at various scripture examples of how natural disasters are God's hand - we are referred to the following examples to learn about God and His role and designs for natural disasters:

In contrast to a post a couple of days ago, which focused on end times and the creation of the new heaven and new earth where the faithful will live for eternity with God, in Isaiah 26:21, we see a picture of how God punishes the wicked. While we all sin, the difference between our own wickedness and unbelievers is how we placed our faith in Jesus to wipe away our sin. God's justice is perfect

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who gives me the gift of forgiveness of sin and eternal life - amazing grace indeed!  I am not deserving of such a gift.  My sin continues.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and sposues to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.