Friday, April 8, 2022

They did not repent and give him glory....They did not repent of their deeds.

Revelation 15-16

They did not repent and give him glory....They did not repent of their deeds. Revelation 16:9,11 

I resumed my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  For this week, the study looks at Revelation 15-16, which according to my commentary* looks at "the climactic outpouring of the judgments of God (ch. 16) after first affirming the righteousness and justice of the God who inflicts such terrible retribution (ch. 15)."  For today, a key theme is God's perfect justice.  God is holy.  He offers grace for those who repent of their sins and submit to Him as their Savior.  God wants as many as possible to receive this grace - this is His message to the seven churches in Revelation chapters 1-3: repent! Yet here in chapter 16, we see twice how people - confronted with God's power and glory and supremacy (signs) - do not repent.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You alone are God and Your power and soverignty covers the entire universe and all of its inhabitants.  Your justice is perfect, true, and good.  Thank You for Your amazing grace.  I am not deserving of this grace.  My sin continues and it is daily and great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.

*Witmer, Stephen. Revelation (Knowing the Bible) (p. 33). Crossway. Kindle Edition.