Monday, April 11, 2022

The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant.

Isaiah 24-25

The earth lies defiled under its inhabitants; for they have transgressed the laws, violated the statutes, broken the everlasting covenant. Isaiah 24:5

I return to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 9, Day 3, the focus continues with Isaiah 24, where we see God's judgement on the whole earth. We examine parallels between the flood and subsequent covenant God made with Noah and his descendants in Genesis 7-9.  God once again unleashes His wrath against sinful humanity in Revelation - and here in Isaiah 24 God seeks to warn Israel about its unfaithfulness, and all the nations for its sin. Such warnings of course are not unique to Isaiah, and my study points out prophecies from Zechariah 14 that warns of "The Coming Day of the Lord." As a posted a couple of days ago, believers should be expectant of such a day, prepared, anticipating, and enduring faithfully. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God whose judgement and justice is perfect.  In Your judgement and justice, we see Your holiness, Your grace, and Your love.  Thank You for saving a place in Heaven for me.  I am not deserving.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin. Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.