Tuesday, April 26, 2022

This also comes from the Lord of hosts; he is wonderful in counsel and excellent in wisdom.

Isaiah 28-29

This also comes from the Lord of hosts; he is wonderful in counsel and excellent in wisdom. Isaiah 28:29

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, looking at Isaiah 28-29, I move along to Lesson 11, Day 2, which looks more closely at the divisions in Isaiah 28, including: 

  • v1-6: Description of a proud and "drunk" Ephraim that failed to heed God's word
  • v7-13: God's efforts to speak through the prophets met with mockery by the people, so God warns the people that foreign tongues (Assyrians) will deliver a message and will overrun the people as punishment
  • v14-22: God's people turn not to God for protection but to their own efforts and to their neighbor Egypt; instead we are to turn to the Cornerstone of Zion
  • v23-29: God tells a parable how He teaches a farmer how to ply his trade and how all science, wisdom and knowledge come from Him so we will be blessed by listening and submitting to Him 

My commentary describes several takeaways/applications: 

  • Guard against over-indulgence (drunkenness of any kind)
  • It is crucial that we hear and obey God's word
  • Trust in Him vs ourselves or idols that post as gods in our lives
  • See how all knowledge is the hand of God

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who protects me from the sting of sin and death - thank You Jesus!  You also are the source of all knowledge and the source of how this knowledge blesses me and others - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You do all of this and so much more!  My sin is great and it continues....daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.