Monday, April 18, 2022

Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy!

Isaiah 26-27

Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise. You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy! Isaiah 26:19

I return to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 10, Day 2, the focus continues with Isaiah 26-27, primarily on Isaiah 26, where my commentary indicates that while Isaiah 24-25 describe "triumphant prophecies of final victory by the Lord over all tyrants who oppress God’s people in this world[,]" God's people seek encouragement and guidance about how to endure in the present while waiting for God's promised end times judgement of the whole world.  In Isaiah 26, today's focus is on a contrast of the two different futures awaiting the dead - those of the faithful, and those who do not see nor acknowledge/accept God. Isaiah 26:14 and 26:19 represent the two different outcomes. They in 26:14 are described is not seeing God in 26:11. Revelation 21:4 portrays a beautiful picture of the New Heaven and Earth and how all tears will be wiped away:

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. Revelation 21:4

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are worthy indeed of my praise and worship!  You give me - and all faithful - eternity in heaven with You and other believers!  I am not deserving of such a blessing - not by a long shot.  My sin is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.