Monday, April 25, 2022

Give ear, and hear my voice; give attention, and hear my speech.

Isaiah 28-29

Give ear, and hear my voice; give attention, and hear my speech. Isaiah 28:23

I resume my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 11, Day 1, I begin an examination of Isaiah 28-29, first by reviewing chapter 28.  Here, we see a judgement on Ephraim and Jerusalem - as they fail to heed the word of God. God's anger is aroused and destruction of the whole land is looming (Isaiah 28:22).  I am not immune to a failure to listen to God - yet when we do this we fail to recognize who is delivering the message to us. It is the Creator, and the One True God who sustains everything and holds all things together (see Colossians 1:16-17).  Our lives are in the palm of His hands. Recognizing who God is should be a starting point for us to listen to His message and Word for us.    

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I love You - You bless me daily, You give me life, etc. - far too many blessings to describe in words.  I am overwhelmed.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings and love. I often fail to listen to and act on Your Word.  My sins are great and they are daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.