Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Therefore strong peoples will glorify you; cities of ruthless nations will fear you.

Isaiah 24-25

Therefore strong peoples will glorify you; cities of ruthless nations will fear you. Isaiah 25:3

I return to my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 9, Day 4, the focus continues with Isaiah 25, where we see - following judgement of the whole earth in the preceding chapter - messianic prophecies providing eternal salvation for the faithful. My commentary indicates that as part of God's perfect plan of redemptive history, God converts violent nations in Isaiah 25:2-3, and these verses describe the reverence of God as a response from the subdued violent nations. My commentary includes numerous examples of enemies of God converted by Him, including "Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 4:34-35), the Roman centurion who crucified Jesus (Mark 15:39); [and] Saul of Tarsus, who began the day breathing out murderous threats against the Lord’s disciples and ended the day a Christian (Acts 9:1-8)." In fact, all believers were once enemies of God (Romans 5:10). My commentary continues: "[u]ntil the violent are converted, God must protect his beloved people from the storm of their vicious attacks, so verses 4-5 depict the refuge God is from their onslaught. The delight of his people comes when God at last stills the song of the violent by either converting them or crushing them, as he does at the end of [Isaiah 25]." These early verses in Isaiah represent a great example of how believers gain peace knowing that that the forces of this world (Satan) are no match for the King of Kings!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: You are indeed an awesome God whose plans are perfect and who protects and rescues the faithful from Satan from the dark forces of this world, providing salvation and victory over sin and death - glorious indeed!  I am not deserving of such blessings...my sin - of worldly distractions, etc. - continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.