Saturday, April 16, 2022

“Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

Revelation 17-19

“Come out of her, my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues; for her sins are heaped high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Revelation 18:4-5 

I continue with my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide - reviewing the commentary for Revelation 17-19. Among the sections most convicting for me in the commentary is the "Whole Bible Connections" section, where it highlights Revelation 18:4-5 and how believers must "come out of her, my people," referring to Babylon and the worldly influence/sin she represents.  The other part of this equation is for believers to be a light...to make it clear to others that Jesus is real - through our lives - and He is the promised Savior and Living Water. We are referred to James 4:4 as just one example of many of a similar warning to that of Revelation 18:4-5.

Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.  James 4:4

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are real and You are my personal Lord and Savior - thank You Jesus for my salvation and I am in awe of the price You paid for it.  You were innocent, but willingly laid down Your life for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am of course not deserving - my sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.