Thursday, April 21, 2022

And in that day a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were lost in the land of Assyria and those who were driven out to the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord on the holy mountain at Jerusalem.

Isaiah 26-27

And in that day a great trumpet will be blown, and those who were lost in the land of Assyria and those who were driven out to the land of Egypt will come and worship the Lord on the holy mountain at Jerusalem. Isaiah 27:13

I continue with my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 10, Day 5, I wrap the lesson for the week and end with a review of Isaiah 27, where the study looks closely at Leviathan (Satan) as referenced in Isaiah 27:1 and other scriptures, including Job 3:8, Psalm 74 and Psalm 104. The study also contrasts the vineyard portrayed in Isaiah 5 with that described in Isaiah 27. In Isaiah 5, God laments how He tends to a vineyard (His people), yet it produces no fruit. In contrast Isaiah 27 describes a "pleasant vineyard." My post yesterday describes how God's people do suffer, yet are purified (sanctified). Finally, Isaiah describes a gleaning that occurs during end times where only the faithful and righteous are saved and they gather for worship the One True God during end times. My commentary describes the following applications for Isaiah 27:

  • "We should seek to bear fruit for the glory of God through abiding in Jesus 
  • The fruit of our lives should extend to the ends of the earth, especially in our zealous efforts to advance the gospel of Jesus Christ to unreached people groups. 
  • We should also be zealous to crush the idolatry in our lives—worldliness, sexual immorality, greed, etc. 
  • Finally, we should be part of God’s clear “trumpet blast” to the nations, calling the elect from every tribe to faith in Christ, for that great day of assembly, for the worship of God and of the Lamb in the new Jerusalem."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who tends to my heart, protects me from harm and never leaves or forsakes me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such loving care.  My sin continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.