Friday, April 15, 2022

They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful.

Revelation 17-19

They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those with him are called and chosen and faithful. Revelation 17:14 

I resumed my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  For this week, the study looks at Revelation 17-19, which according to the commentary portrays both the destruction of Babylon (Satan, sin, etc.) and Jesus's victory celebration. We are reminded by the commentary that "In the end, God’s enemies always lose". This is certainly an appropriate takeaway on Good Friday - a day that marks Jesus' death on the cross.  We know that on Sunday - on Easter, we mark His resurrection - victory over sin and death!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who defeated sin and death and give me that same power - thank You Jesus! I am not deserving of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time!  My sin is great - and daily - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.   Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.