Friday, April 1, 2022

Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

Revelation 12-14

Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. Revelation 14:12

I flipped back to my D-Group's study of Revelation using Stephen Witmer's commentary and study guide.  For this week, the study looks at Revelation 12-14, which according to my commentary looks at "the spiritual reality behind and beneath [the] conflict [arising both within and without the church]. Chapters 12–14 identify the main enemies of Christians: the devil, the beast from the sea, the beast from the earth, and Babylon.*"  Revelation focuses on the end times and Christ's ultimate and final defeat of Satan, and believers of today should gain peace and confidence that Christ has already defeated sin and death and He gives us that victory.  Of course our time here on earth promises trials and difficulties, but God wants us to endure (see also John 16:33). In Revelation 12-14 we see an enormous struggle play out between Christ, Satan and the forces of this world.  Spoiler alert - God wins...and He wants us to hang on, have faith, and endure!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and You give me tremendous confidence and peace in knowing that You have already defeated sin and death....for me!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a blessing.  My sin continues - sloth, etc. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.

*Witmer, Stephen. Revelation (Knowing the Bible) (p. 25). Crossway. Kindle Edition.