Wednesday, April 6, 2022

From the ends of the earth we hear songs of praise, of glory to the Righteous One. But I say, “I waste away, I waste away. Woe is me! For the traitors have betrayed, with betrayal the traitors have betrayed.”

Isaiah 24-25

From the ends of the earth we hear songs of praise, of glory to the Righteous One. But I say, “I waste away, I waste away. Woe is me! For the traitors have betrayed, with betrayal the traitors have betrayed.” Isaiah 24:16

I continue my deep dive of Isaiah, based on the Precept Upon Precept study series. Today, on Lesson 9, Day 1, the focus is on Isaiah 24, where we see God's judgement on the whole earth.  The scope of the judgement is clear as the word "earth" appears eighteen times in this chapter - we are to understand at least two things: (1) Sin has spread throughout the earth and all of its inhabitants, (2) God reigns over all the universe, including earth and all of its inhabitants.  Believers should keenly understand that as we are surrounded by sin on all sides, we should not seek comfort or refuge in anything earthly because earth is not our home, and ultimately we will all be in Heaven. 

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21
 
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You reign and You are saving a place in Heaven for me - my true home. Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a God and such a blessing, among the MANY blessings You pour out for me.  I am not deserving.  I have sin...daily...and it is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.