Wednesday, April 24, 2024

To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.

Jude

To those who are called, beloved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: May mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you. Jude 1b-2

With my study of 1,2,3 John coming to a close, today I start a study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of an unassisted review of Jude 1-2 which is covered by the first chapter of my commentary (that I will lean on tomorrow). Jude, a brother of James writes to believers to encourage them, wishing them to experience the mercy, peace and love of God.  He is directing these blessings to believers.  Jude seeks not just that they experience these blessings of faith, but that they experience a "multiplication" or as the dictionary defines this word, a "spreading" or a greater amount of these blessings.  Jude wants these believers to have more of these blessings.  If we truly believe in God we should experience an overwhelming abundance of mercy (see Lamentations 3:22-23), peace (see Philippians 4:7), and love (see Ephesians 3:18).  God intends for believers to act in such a way that others see something supernatural in our lives so that others may be drawn to God through us.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE mercy, peace and love and bless me and all believers with these blessings - thank You Jesus.  My cup overflows...I am certainly not deserving of these blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.