Monday, April 15, 2024

[Y]ou will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

2 John 1

[Y]ou will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:32

I continue my study of 1,2,3 John using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for these books.  Today, I continue exploring, with commentary assistance, 2 John 1:1-13, specifically focusing on a review of the entirety of the text, and the main idea, introduction, and fourth division per the commentary: "We Must Long for the Truth (vv12-13)." John living out the love God calls for believers, wants to continue pouring out his heart through this letter but instead longs for "face to face" (v12) interactions with his brothers and sisters in Christ.  "[T]he truth about Jesus brings together brothers and sisters from every tribe, language, people, and nation (Revelation 5:9, 7:9). We are one big family with the same Father, Savior, and Spirit. Nothing should tear down the walls of sinful bigotry and prejudice like the gospel of Jesus. Love and truth flow freely from Him to us all. Love and truth should flow freely from all of us to one another." The commentary for 2 John 1 ends with a reminder for us to love, live, know and long for the Truth that is Jesus Christ.  We are referred to John 8:32.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are Truth and Love and You indeed set me free!  I am no longer condemned, no longer slave to sin, and provided life to the full now and for eternity with You!  Thank You Jesus.  I am not deserving of such blessings...my sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.