Sunday, August 21, 2022

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

Proverbs 18

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

As I continue my study of Proverbs, I move on to week 7 of my study workbook, which looks at Proverbs 17-22:16.  For today, my focus is how God desires for us to befriend and trust in Him above other people.  The study today reminds me via Jeremiah 17:5, John 15:14-15, and James 2:22-23, how we are to be a friend of God by believing in Him, having faith, and by doing what He asks.  In Him, we have a friend that will never leave or forsake us, and He is faithful unlike any other.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who will never leave or forsake me and You are faithful unlike no other – thank You Jesus.  I am undeserving of the love and blessings You pour out for me. My sin continues and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.