Saturday, August 20, 2022

Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding. Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.

Proverbs 17

Whoever restrains his words has knowledge, and he who has a cool spirit is a man of understanding.  Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent. Proverbs 17:27-28

As I continue my study of Proverbs, I move on to week 7 of my study workbook, which looks at Proverbs 17-22:16.  For today, my focus is restrained speech – of course an act of humility.  My struggles with arrogance and pride have led me to speak without listening, and as a means to bring glory to myself.  My speech of course should bring glory to God by offering encouragement and love in my relationships – including in both my personal and work life – and by leveraging my God given gifts (spiritual gifts) at work (again to bring glory to God).  God, please help me with restrained speech!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has blessed me by helping me with my speech – thank You Jesus.  Yet I know I am not done in this department as my sin with speech continues – please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.