Sunday, August 7, 2022

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them....“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”...The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Genesis 1, Isaiah 6, and Psalm 19

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them....“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!”...The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Genesis 1:27, Isaiah 6:3, Psalm 19:1

While on vacation in Maine, I paused on my studies of both Isaiah and Proverbs, and tonight and throughout my vacation I will use DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotionals - today's focuses on the point of God's creation. Piper writes that God's creation is so vast and so magnificent, both in terms of humanity, the animals, nature, the stars and heavens above, etc. so that it would be difficult to not see an incredible God and His works. Of course, all of humanity and all of creation exists to bring to glory to God - that is stated explicitly in both Isaiah 6:3 and Psalm 19:1.  Although these are not the only verses in the Bible to remark on God's glory in creation, but they represent well the point of creation. As I marvel in creation here in Maine and reflect back on memories, photos, etc. my aim this week is to reinforce how great God is - creation may be just one aspect of His glory, but it is an incredible one!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me...and Your creation is marvelous and incredible!  Thank You for giving me creation to enjoy and to marvel at Your glory!  I am not deserving of such a blessing and all the blessings You pour out for me.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus - worry, etc.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and sposues to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.