Thursday, August 18, 2022

[We] take every thought captive to obey Christ[.]

Proverbs 10-16

[We] take every thought captive to obey Christ[.] 2 Corinthians 10:5b

As I continue with my study of Proverbs, remaining in chapters 10-16, the next five questions for this week (week 6) from my study workbook focus on God's providence over poverty (injustice, sloth, punishment, mystery - see also Proverbs 13:23, 6:9-11, 28:19, 10:2-3, 13:25, and 22:2), how God works in our mind with sanctification (see also Proverbs 14:15-16, Romans 12:2, and 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, Hebrews 4:12), how we should be slow to anger (see also Proverbs 14:17, 29, 15:18, 16:32, and 19:11), how God's providential rule should be seen as comforting (vs frustrating) (see also Proverbs 16:1, 3, and 33), and how the New Testament more fully describes wisdom vs what we see in Proverbs (see also Proverbs 10:11, 13:14, 14:27, 16:22, and John 4:1-14, 7:37-39).  I worry quite a bit about Zach and Dustin so the examination today how God's providential rule should be seen as comforting DOES give me comfort - thank You Jesus!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who reigns over all details of my life - I see the good in Your reign.  Thank You Jesus for how You reign and for the sanctification process and renewing of my mind that allows me to see You at work.  I am not deserving of this or any other blessing You pour out for me.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.