Monday, August 8, 2022

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.

Proverbs 16

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. Proverbs 16:33

As I continue my vacation in Maine, I maintain a pause on my studies of both Isaiah and Proverbs, and tonight and throughout my vacation I will use DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotionals - today's focuses on how God is in control of all details of the natural world, including my life. I should gain peace and security knowing that God is in control and this should in turn eliminate my need to worry as I know God loves me and He does respond to prayer. Of course my immediate thought is to worry but the more I read today's devotion and reflect on it, I DO gain peace and security and I know I can pray to God and He will hear my cries and respond - I don't know what His response will be but I do know He will respond and it will be perfect and good. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: God You are good and I KNOW You love me - You provide for all of my needs, You hear all of my cries and You do respond to all of my prayers - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of all the blessings You pour out for me.  My sin is great and it is daily - please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.