Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy.

Proverbs 22:17-24:34

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; profuse are the kisses of an enemy. Proverbs 27:6

I continue with my study of Proverbs, and today I to week 8 from my study workbook, which focuses on Proverbs 22:17-24:34.  After an initial reading of Proverbs 22:17-29 yesterday, this morning I read Proverbs 23 and I dug into the first two questions for this week - one which looks at how wisdom deepens trust in the Lord (Proverbs 22:19), and the other looks at how we can discern Godly friendship. For the latter, my study refers me to Proverbs 17:17; 18:24; 19:4,6; 22:11,24-25; 27:6,9,17. Proverbs 27:6 pricks my heart this morning as it took several readings and commentary to more fully understand. Friendly wounds sharpen me - God puts such people in my life to mold me into more of His image.  We should not only seek out such people, but we should keep them close so that they can sharpen us (and hopefully we can sharpen them) in our journey.

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I am grateful for how You sanctify and mold me into Your image - it is often painful but I am grateful for this molding process.  Thank You Jesus! I am not deserving of how You love me in such a way.  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from and overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.