Thursday, March 16, 2023

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Matthew 24

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. Matthew 24:14

As I focus on my church's men's disciple/small group study of Daniel - which lays out a plan to study Daniel five days a week, I maintain a pause of my study of Hebrews, filling in this two-day a week gap by using DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, which this morning looks at Jesus's promise made in Matthew 24:14 regarding how the Good News will be proclaimed before the end of the ages with certainty.  In a broader prophecy of end times, Jesus shares with His disciples how the temple in Jerusalem will be destroyed and how there will be other signs indicating the end of the ages is near (Matthew 24:5-12).  Jesus then reassures (v13) the faithful with a promise that "the one who endures to the end will be saved." Jesus's promise of how the Good News will (not should) be proclaimed is a precursor to Matthew 28, where He shares the Great Commission.  In today's Solid Joys devotion, John Piper wraps by sharing: "[t]he cause of world missions is absolutely assured of success. It cannot fail. Is it not reasonable, then, that we pray with great faith, that we invest with great confidence, and that we go with a sense of sure triumph?"

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: God, You are good and all of Your promises come true - You are faithful.  As such, I can pray with great faith, invest with great confidence, and go with a sense of sure triumph - thank You Jesus!  What peace!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus. Help me turn from and overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.