Thursday, March 30, 2023

But the court shall sit in judgment, and his dominion shall be taken away, to be consumed and destroyed to the end.

Daniel 7

But the court shall sit in judgment, and his dominion shall be taken away, to be consumed and destroyed to the end. Daniel 7:26

I resume my study of Daniel in conjunction with a disciple/small group study with my church's men's wake up call. This morning my focus is Daniel 7 and my unaided observations of this text. Here, we see a vision, much like the vision John has in Revelation (see chapter 13), where Daniel shares a prophecy of end times.  Daniel is both anxious and alarmed (see v15, 28) and what is interesting here is that Daniel, who is known as gifted for his ability to interpret dreams, had to have a witness in the vision interpret it for him (see v16).  Like Revelation, where we learn about end times and the terrifying things that happen to those who do not have faith in Jesus, we also have terrifying things in Daniel 7 (the fourth beast in v7 is "terrifying and dreadful").  The fourth beast can be surmised as Satan, and the Good News for believers, where we can find rest, is that we know the outcome of God's battle against sin and death - it is over and it ended when Jesus went to the cross, died for the sins of all of humanity throughout redemptive history, and came to life 3 days later - Easter.  Praise God and believers should find rest in knowing and having confidence that the victory is already won!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God, one who loves me and who has already - for me and all of His saints - defeated sin and death, giving me and all believers certainty of salvation!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind, and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.