Wednesday, March 29, 2023

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?

Romans 8

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Romans 8:32

I pause both my study of Hebrews and Daniel to listen to and reflect on DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotional for today, where John Piper seeks to encourage believers to use Paul's words in Romans 8:32 as we struggle to "thrive, or perhaps even survive, as a Christian, in the pressures and temptations of modern life." Of course the takeaway is for us to trust God, have peace knowing that God never stops working for our good, even during the most challenging of times.  Piper goes on to share: "...God is taking every setback and every discouragement and every controversy and every pressure and every pain, and stripping it of its destructive power, and making it work for the enlargement of my joy in God." Be encouraged, trust God, and experience the peace of God knowing he gives us everything.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who gives me everything - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You never leave or forsake me, and You are always at work giving me all that I need.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.