Tuesday, March 28, 2023

[H]e reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him. To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king's matter.

Daniel 2

[H]e reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with him.  To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king's matter. Daniel 2:22-23

I continue my pause of my study of Hebrews to study Daniel in conjunction with a disciple/small group study with my church's men's wake up call. This morning my focus is Daniel 2:22-23 and scripture memorization of this text.  In Daniel 1, Daniel has been taken exile to Babylonia and put to work in King Nebuchadnezzar's court.  Daniel refuses to eat defiled food (likely animals sacrificed to foreign gods), but he and his companions - Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah - are able to convince their captors that they will fare well eating just vegetables and water.  God is with them as they are faithful, holding firm to God and His ways and worshiping only Him and no other gods.  God finds favor with Daniel and he is blessed with abilities - particularly the ability to interpret dreams - and he stands out among those in Nebuchadnezzar's court. In Daniel 2, Nebuchadnezzar has a dream and Daniel seeks God's wisdom to interpret the dream - Daniel knows his abilities are from God. God responds and gives Daniel wisdom to interpret Nebuchadnezzar's dream - and he spares he and his companions, as well as all the wise men of Babylon - from Nebuchadnezzar's wrath.  In v22-23, Daniel continues (see full text of praise in v20-23) to praise God: (1) God is all knowing as He knows deep and hidden things (secrets, mysteries, etc.), revealing them to us through His light (2) He is also a light to others drawing others to Him, (3) He provides, (4) He responds and answers prayer.  Praise God indeed!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are worthy of my praise as You are the source of all knowledge and wisdom and You also know my sin - yet You reconcile me to Yourself so that I can have grace, forgiveness and everlasting life now and forever...thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such grace and life - my sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jeuss and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.