Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

 Romans 8

Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Romans 8:33

I pause my study of 1,2,3 John this morning to listen to DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotional, which today highlights Romans 8:33 and how believers experience no condemnation by God (see also Romans 8:1).  We are as the devotional is so aptly entitled "Finally and Totally Justified." John Piper emphasizes how God is the one who justifies and because there is no higher authority on earth or in the heavens, this justification is complete and final.  This justification gives believers security in their salvation, as Piper describes "[t]he point: unshakable security in the face of tremendous suffering. If God is for us, no one can successfully be against us. If God gave his Son for us, he will give us everything that is good for us. If God is the one who justifies us, no charge against us can stand."  This security enables us to live with a boldness in our faith because we know that no matter what the world can throw at us, God saves and this cannot be taken from us. We should not worry what the world does to us because God saves. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are so good...I am SO grateful that You not only cleanse me from my sins but I am justified in Your eyes and so my salvation is secure.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.