Sunday, May 19, 2024

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jude

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 24-25

I proceed with my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of a review of Jude 24-25, the final verses of Jude, typically used as a doxology.  A doxology is defined as a short-praise hymn that is part (typically concluding) of a worship service. Concluding words are certainly in order as Jude wraps us his letter focused primarily on warnings about false teachers and teachings.  Jude tells us in vv22-23 to show mercy to others, including those who doubt the gospel, and those who desperately need it and who are dangerously close lost-ness forever.  In vv24-25, Jude comforts believers with these parting words about how God protects believers from falling away, and how He sees us blameless - not condemned (see also Romans 8:1). These verses also share how God presents us to Himself with great joy (similar to how God the Father was pleased with Jesus at His baptism. Finally, Jude provides us with a portrait of Jesus Christ as our only God, our savior, worthy of all glory, majesty, with dominion and authority over all, as the Alpha and Omega. 

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loved me while I was still sinning, hostile to You, and then saved me and made me a child of God.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.   Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.