Wednesday, May 8, 2024

These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves; waterless clouds, swept along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved forever.

Jude

These are hidden reefs at your love feasts, as they feast with you without fear, shepherds feeding themselves; waterless clouds, swept along by winds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, uprooted; wild waves of the sea, casting up the foam of their own shame; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved forever.  Jude 12-13

I proceed with my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of a review of Jude 11-16, with a focus on an unassisted review of the second division per the commentary - vv12-13. Referring to the false teaching that justifies their sexual immorality (v4), Jude continues to describe the fate that awaits these false teachers.  They are swept along by the wind, they bear no fruit and die, they are full of shame and eternal damnation awaits. This is certainly a bleak outlook and one that should motivate us to seek the salvation of others.  No one deserves this fate - God please help me boldly declare the gospel to unbelievers!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for my salvation - I deserve eternal damnation but while I was still hostile to You, I was saved and adopted into Your family as one of Your elect....thank You Jesus!  Amazing grace indeed!  I am not deserving of such grace and mercy by a long shot.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.