Monday, May 27, 2024

[T]o the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Jude

[T]o the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 25

I resume (and conclude) my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book - the final post for Jude will be based on a study of a commentary-assisted review of Jude 25, the final verse of Jude.  Here, we look at attributes of God:

  • He is One True God, there are none others like Him
  • Through God the Father, we have Jesus Christ - Our Lord and Savior
  • He is the King of Kings, He is glorious, He rules and has dominion over all from the beginning of time to the end of time - Alpha and Omega

 The commentary describes two divisions from this one final verse:

  1. Believers Are Secure in the Person of God.
  2. Believers Are Secure in the Praise of God.

God is glorious, it is not given to Him as it is "intrinsic to who He is."  We must acknowledge this glorious God.  We must praise Him for His majesty, power, and authority.  The commentary shares: "[h]uman extinction is not a possibility because he has all things in his hands. Nuclear annihilation is not a possibility because he has all things in his hands. Evangelistic defect is not a possibility because he has all things in his hands. Missionary failure is not a possibility because he has all things in his hands. Losing my salvation is not a possibility because he has all things (including me) in his hands. In the end our God wins! He is glorious and majestic. He has dominion and power. For his glory he will keep me. In his majesty he will keep me. Through his power he will keep me. By his authority he will keep me."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion - thank You Jesus for my eternal security.  What an amazing blessing!  I am not deserving of such blessing.  My sin is great and it continues...please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.