Sunday, May 12, 2024

These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage.

Jude

These are grumblers, malcontents, following their own sinful desires; they are loud-mouthed boasters, showing favoritism to gain advantage. Jude 16

I proceed with my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of a review of Jude 11-16, with a focus on an unassisted review of the fourth division per the commentary - v16.  Jude, before he pivots to words of encouragement as he winds down his letter, concludes his remarks on the sinful acts of false teachers describing them as grumblers, malcontents (one who is in active opposition to an established order or government), selfish, arrogant, and greedy - all of which are sins referred to often in scripture.  Of course these reflect a heart condition in opposition to God.  On the other hand we have fruits of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23) and David (a man after God's heart - see Acts 13:22).

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion for me - giving me my faith, a hunger and thirst for righteousness, and brothers and sisters in Christ who sharpen, encourage and hold me accountable.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessing.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from and overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me. Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.