Saturday, May 4, 2024

But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively.

Jude

But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively. Jude 10

I proceed with my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of a review of Jude 8-10, with a focus on an unassisted review of the third division per the commentary - v10. I previously posted on this verse as part of a review of vv8-10. In my previous post I referenced a post from DesiringGod.com where "general revelation" is discussed - both mediate (external - i.e. creation) and immediate (internal - conscience).  The referenced post also discusses special revelation - which is defined as "information given to us in the Scriptures. Not everyone in the world possesses this information. Those who have heard it have had the benefit of hearing specific information about God and his plan of redemption." I am grateful that God has given me the gift of both hearing the gospel, and for making me one of His elect through salvation - thank You God!  I know this is a gift and not of my own doing so I should remain humble.  I must also - as Jude warns - be very careful of false teachers and the sinful influence they are to those whose faith is not certain - we do not want anyone to not be saved.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who is full of grace and compassion - You loved me while still hostile to You and then You saved me...and You pour out Your mercies on me ceaselessly - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings. My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.