Sunday, May 26, 2024

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy[.]

Jude

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy[.] Jude 24

Today, I come back to conclude my study of Jude using the Christ-Centered Exposition commentary series volume for this book.  Today, my study consists of a commentary-assisted review of Jude 24-25, the final verses of Jude, typically used as a doxology - my focus is v24 as the commentary shares two divisions from this one verse:

Excerpts from the introduction to the commentary emphasize how Jude 24-25 should greatly encourage us and give us peace as we read how God keeps us from stumbling and how He presents us as blameless before Him.  This gives us security in knowing that He will keep us sealed for Him to the end when we shall meet Jesus face to face. The commentary shares the doctrine of eternal security: "[a]ll true believers endure to the end. Those whom God has accepted in Christ, and sanctified by His Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace, but shall persevere to the end.  Believers may fall into sin through neglect and temptation, whereby they grieve the Spirit, impair their graces and comforts, and bring reproach on the cause of Christ and temporal judgments on themselves; yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation." We are referred to John 10:27-30 and Romans 8:38-39.  Additional references on this doctrine include: Ephesians 1:13-14, Hebrews 7:25, 13:5, 1 John 2:19, and 5:13.

  1. Believers Are Secure in the Power of God: As our Great Shepherd (Jehovah Rohi) and Protector, Jesus is able to protect and seal us for eternity.  He is the Creator and holds all things in His hands. See Colossians 1:17 and Hebrews 12:5-13 (God disciplines us to help us endure and persevere).
  2. Believers Are Secure in the Promise of God: The commentary shares: "[w]e will not simply stand faultless; we will stand faultless before the presence of the glory of God. Because of his promise to bring our salvation to completion, we will see his glory. We will know his glory. We will enjoy his glory forever. This will be our joy. Jude says in his presence, as we see and experience his glory, there will be great, exceeding joy. There will be a celebration with rejoicing and exulting."

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for securing my salvation for eternity...I have great peace knowing how no one or nothing can take me away from You.  Thank You.  I am not deserving of such a blessing. My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please continue to heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.